Wellness companies are harnessing the power of the cannabis plant in various ways:
- Product Development: Companies like Green Thumb create a range of cannabis-based products tailored to different preferences and lifestyles, focusing on health, happiness, and comfort.
- Medical Research: Studies have shown that cannabis can reduce pill consumption by offering an alternative for pain relief and other medical conditions. The Journal of Cannabis Research publishes findings on the medical and industrial uses of hemp and cannabis products, such as their potential therapeutic benefits for obesity, diabetes, and even reducing the severity of COVID-19 among hospitalized patients.
- Clinical Propagation: Research into the propagation of cannabis for clinical research is ongoing, with a focus on developing modern herbal medicinal products.
- Consumer Goods: Canopy Growth positions itself as a consumer packaged goods company, leveraging insights into consumer behavior to innovate and create industry-leading cannabis brands and products.
- Edibles: Edibles are a discreet and convenient way to consume cannabis, with potential benefits for a variety of ailments. However, there are also challenges associated with their use, such as ensuring proper dosage and understanding effects.
- Patient Surveys: Surveys of patients using cannabis indicate that it can alleviate pain, insomnia, and anxiety, and shows promise in treating numerous medical problems.
- Health Benefits and Risks: Scientific studies have assessed the medical benefits of cannabis, finding it effective for chronic pain and potentially beneficial for other conditions like depression, PTSD, and social anxiety. However, there are also risks associated with regular use, such as the potential for increased social anxiety.
These companies are investing in research, creating diverse product lines, educating consumers, and advocating for the medical benefits of cannabis, all while navigating the regulatory challenges associated with the plant.
Wellness companies are employing various methods for consuming cannabis for health benefits. Some of the different ways to consume cannabis for wellness purposes include:
- Edibles: Cannabis-infused food and beverages, such as brownies, gummies, and drinks, provide a convenient and discreet way to consume cannabis without smoking
- Pills, capsules, and tablets: These allow for precise dosing and are an attractive option for those who prefer a traditional method of medication.
- Powder: Cannabis powder, a form of powdered THC, can be easily dissolved in water for consumption
- Transdermal Patches: These patches deliver cannabis compounds through the skin and are used for localized relief
- Vapes: Vaporizing cannabis allows for inhalation of the compounds without the harmful by-products associated with smoking
- Tinctures: Liquid cannabis extracts that are administered under the tongue for absorption
Topicals: Cannabis-infused lotions, balms, and oils that are applied to the skin for localized relief
What are the benefits of using edibles for cannabis consumption
The benefits of using edibles for cannabis consumption include:
- Discreet and Convenient: Edibles offer a discreet and easily transportable method of enjoying cannabis compared to smoking or vaping.
- Precise Dosing: They allow for precise measurement, making it easier to control the dosage, which can be particularly beneficial for medical use.
- Long-Lasting Effects: The effects of edibles tend to be longer lasting and more body-centered, promoting relaxation and relief, which can be helpful for conditions such as chronic pain, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Smoke-Free Alternative: For those concerned about the potential health risks associated with smoking cannabis, edibles offer a smoke-free option.
- Variety of Health Benefits: Edibles have been used to alleviate conditions such as pain, inflammation, cancer-related symptoms, muscle spasms, and nausea, and may have neuroprotective and anti-tumor properties.
- Avoidance of Harmful Toxins: Unlike smoking, edibles avoid the harmful toxins and health risks associated with cannabis smoke.
Edibles provide a convenient, potentially safer, and effective way to experience the benefits of cannabis, making them a popular choice for both medical and recreational users
Edibles typically take around 30 to 90 minutes to kick in, but the onset time can depend on various factors such as the dosage and type of cannabinoids present. The effects can last up to 12 hours, with some residual effects lasting up to 24 hours, so it’s important to start with small amounts and wait for the full effects before considering additional consumption. The time it takes for edibles to take effect varies across individuals due to factors like weight, metabolism, and whether the cannabis is eaten on an empty stomach.
Learn more about how CBD is helping people with swollen feet. CBD can help with many ailments however it is not a cure all and you should always consult with your doctor before adding it to your routine.